The Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training includes
- 2 days of training
- Verbal early intervention techniques
- Self-protection techniques
- Physical intervention (restraint) techniques
- Postvention (plan)
NVCI training occurs 3 times a year at the Southill MCFD training room.
Who Is Eligible?
- All ICS staff are trained in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention. Every 2 years ICS staff must take a 1 day refresher course.
- Community members and other professionals can join a group if there is room.
Please Note: ICS employees always take precedence. There is a fee for anyone who is not an ICS employee.
How To Refer:
All program coordinators are responsible to ensure their team members are registered for the initial 2 day training and the following refreshers.